4.15.2010

Got 20 Bucks?

I had to defend this guy today; a big guy who must have weighed about 300 lbs.  Bless him for getting his fat ass on the court, but when he turned to me and said "I got 20 on you" I almost snapped.  I kept bouncing out of the key trying to get open, I waved to my teammates because it would just take a snap to get around him, but I only kept thinking "does this fool really think he's got "20" on me, or should I have rectified the point right then and there to make sure?"

Since there were three idiots trying to run the squad, I couldn't get the ball and trample on his ass, but this guy was far more than 20 bucks more than I carry - and hell - they beat us (they cheated, no really they cheated bad).

All in all, I have to say it really didn't make a difference, I was done by that point - 4 games, a throbbing knee and work to finish at home left me less than interested in revenge at that moment.


The best news of today folks must be the New Dell I purchased!  That's right - I've been working on the same machine for 6 years, and at the time, I purchased it from a gal off Craigslist for 50 bucks. While it has been damn good to me, and got me through thousands of essays, articles, posts and other random computer world stuff - it was certainly time to pass along to my mom, who has never really had a computer to call her own.  Now she will.  ALSO, I purchased the phattest non-touchscreen monitor around today.  It's awesome and when it arrives, I think things are going to change for me and the world of blogging for the better.  For one, I'll be able to multi-task - something my current machine apparently can't help me with any more.  Time to go ya think?  And so it sits, the machine is on the floor panting for attention I won't give it until the monitor arrives.  With that pretty graphics card ready for a spin or two around the block, I'm slobbering on myself. 

A new era of computing begins soon.  I hope it helps...

No comments: