7.23.2008

Shut up and Inspire

Got my x-box360 yesterday and it's over. Goodbye life, goodbye free time. Goodbye blogging - I got game.

I waited until 4am one morning last week and bid on this baby. Nobody else bid on it, and whamo! lesson 101 on how to get a great deal on an x-box360 is done. I won the bid at it's starting asking price of $135 bucks + shipping 25 + 2 year warranty 25. So for under 200 bones I got game for at least 720 days, at which point I expect sparks and a giant real explosion.

Listen here, I'm so old I have some catching up to do. Gotta go buy Guitar Hero, gotta buy the guitar attachment, so on and so forth.

In a couple hours I plan to take out the camera and go take a few pictures, so git ready for some act-she-own. Will my computer be able to upload em all is the question, as there's already a good 300 pix in the cue and this machine is worn down.

And so really quick, I thought I'd do a run-down of "other" great blogs that are "daily" reads. Here it goes, give a little love and click on a link to read more.

The LA Times blog section is growing exponentially. They are rolling with the changing media times. Daily Dish keeps us abreast of local eatery options.

Want to read historical crime reports from early Los Angeles history? Daily Mirror will help.

The final of the LA Times dailies is the LA Travel Deals and Vacations blog which will anger you when you see all the places you COULD have gone this summer.

No, my site isn't the Daily Show you fool! More Lewis Black!

Get your Daily Motion on for a plethora of great videos.

Freeze your mind with Daily Sudoku.

Free your mind at the Daily Mind with the help of some great Eastern philosophical advice.

I'm starting to think myself unworthy. Shit, these are some good sites, but if I want any part of the "Daily" game action, I feel a need to make myself a useful portal.

Daily Mail, clearly misspelled, has a UK tabloid style news site. How the hell are we supposed to believe crop circles are real with all the tabloid sensationalism that comes from the UK? I don't care as long as readers continue to misspell the incorrect url and land on MY site. Zambia also has a daily mail site. Learn to spell!

Daily Kos is a biggie. When I came up with what I might be up against to get hits, I immediately thought of the Kos. They talk of the important political news, impeachment proceedings against Bush, McCain v Obasm, political history lessons and so on a so forth. They are the real deal and should be clicked immediately when you wake up in the morning.

to be continued...

Now on with some x-box action!

No comments: