7.29.2008

Tues Blues, Teixeira an Angel!

Cut the hand open doing dishes this morning, nearly slicing off my entire knuckle. I went to work - Dr. Mael in the hizzy. If it gets infected and I lose the hand entirely, that MIGHT affect the blog, but I doubt that will happen as I'm pretty thorough. It's pretty fleshy n stuff, but I'm sitting here thinking the doc would only put one or two stitches in and the only worry besides that is keeping it clean. I have antibiotics left over from last year's knee surgery, so I'm good. I cleaned, wrapped, then sat down to read part of Hell's Angels, again, while watching Auntie Maim (1958). I'm confident that's one of my sister's favorite movies ever.

Ten minutes later there was that lame quake. Don't believe what they say, that was NO 5.8, maybe more like 5.2 or so. Didn't phase me, I already had three advils in me.

While on the topic of Earth shaking news, I changed the blog settings so ANYONE can now post comments without having to sign up with Google or whatever. The trade-off, cuz there always is one, is that you'll have to enter in those strange word boxes so to avoid spam... Oh well, better than signing up for shit you don't want to sign up for.

By the way, 2nd week totals for hits to this site were pretty great. I even had one day where hits were over 100 which I didn't expect to happen until I wrote something worthy, thanks! I'm still working on a few essentials in life before I get overly blog happy, and I should be out in print before long.

HA - 5.8 my ass, but the meat guy at Ralphs told me it did knock over a few loaves of bread off the shelf. Maybe they were stacked weird.

Great news today with the California Angels, for anyone still interested in baseball... Switch hitting Mark Teixeira is ours!! Their hitting is going to skyrocket, it's a very solid deal and if you don't know a thing about baseball, and live in LA, you're going to be hearing a lot about this move. To the Series, Halos!

No comments: