7.28.2008

xFiles: I Want My Money Back


So I sucked it up and went to see it last night. I went with the roommate to 3rd Street and was happy at how packed it was outside, and dead it was inside. I'm not into packed movie houses.

Now I can tell why it got so slagged in recent reviews. This was poor timing for this version of X-files. This would have made a decent 4th or 5th installment.

But will the series get that far? I dont' know, but man, this one seemed to be headed in the right direction only to run out of money on the budget to realize potential subplots. Instead we were left with a Fox/Scully love fest. Californixfileation. As a fan of the show, I had my hopes high for a continuation on the anxiety of the first movie, but this one was too grounded. Bad timing, only decent story but Fox sports a sweet beard for half the movie, which surprisingly did move at a decent pace. I want more, I just don't want more of this.


Duchovney- put your penis away!

4 comments:

MJ said...

lets see Stepbrothers

jsm said...

stepbrothers looks really good - but commercials can sometimes be deceiving. I'll take a chance on that one.

Jen said...

Exactly how I felt about this one. If you are super jonesing for a two part episode of the TV series run out and buy a ticket...cause this one wont be in theaters for long...

That aside, Duchovney remains the sexiest man on the planet that "wants to believe" so Im not crying in my beer over the loss of time and money :)

MJ said...

I like Will Farrel and John C Reilly, so Im not looking for a plot. Just as long as they make me laugh and I can squirt my drink out of my nose, I'll be like those vultures who snacked on that dead possum in front of my place-content and happy